TikTok LIVE is the place to be for real-time fun, expression, and creativity. It brings surprising connections and limitless creative opportunities, and it’s great for TikTok creators because it’s where they can be themselves.
Filters, effects, and camera control are all available, just as in ordinary TikTok videos. Best of all, there are no restrictions on the amount of time you can record when you use TikTok LIVE.
If you are new to TikTok, this feature may not be available to you. Below are the conditions and requirements to use TikTok LIVE.
- You must be 16 years or older.
- You must be over 18 to receive a “Gift” during a live stream. Free LIVE Gifts are virtual offers from your followers, which you can convert into real money (although the exchange rate is currently low).
- You must have a minimum of 1,000 subscribers (the number varies by country).
Virtual TikTok LIVE Gifts
Subscribe to our newsletter
Virtual Live Gifts from your fans mean you can collect Diamonds, which can be turned into real money in an external account of your choice. What is a Diamond? TikTok rewards creators based on the popularity of their videos. One way for creators to collect Diamonds is to receive Gifts from their TikTok LIVE views.
People can show their love for their favorite TikTok content creators in a practical way by watching live videos. If they like what they see during live TikTok videos, they can hit the Gifts symbol at the bottom of the screen to choose the type of virtual gift they wish to send.
Here’s how to make sure you can access the full benefits of TikTok LIVE Gifting:
- First, tap “Settings.”
- Next, you’ll click the LIVE Gifts toggle.
- After that, go to your profile.
- Click your “Settings” again, and go to “Balance.”
- You can withdraw your rewards from your bank or PayPal account.
Note: You must collect 2,000 Diamonds ($10) before asking TikTok to pay your rewards.
Get Discovered With TikTok LIVE
TikTok recently launched a set of LIVE features that can help you get discovered by new viewers.
The weekly leaderboard is found in the LIVE section of the app and shows the creators’ weekly leaderboard based on the number of diamonds collected. Those with more Diamonds will get a higher rank, and the top 20 best weekly hosts will receive rewards.
In addition, the top 4-10 hosts get shown on the “Explore More” page and are tagged on a LIVE video thumbnail of their rankings from the previous week.
TikTok LIVE and Best Practices
- An important factor to keep in mind is when to stream your TikTok LIVE video. Primetime offers the best time to go live, but you also need to consider your audience. Consider aligning your LIVE streams to the times of day when people are most active on the app.
- Another thing to think about is your LIVE duration. The time is up to you, but 30 minutes is the best practice.
- You should post the video before it goes LIVE. This way, if viewers see your video posted in LIVE, a special icon will appear, giving them direct access to your stream through the For You Feed.
- Lighting is key to attracting viewers. Bad lighting makes it difficult for people to see what’s going on and can be distracting. Good lighting helps draw viewers’ attention to what you want them to focus on. Consider good lighting arrangements before recording.
- People often overlook sound, but it’s just as important as your visuals when creating great LIVE videos. After all, you want your audience to hear everything you say. Ambient noise can be distracting, so consider finding a quiet place to stream.
- You should check your internet connection before going live. TikTok LIVE requires a stable internet connection, so finding the most suitable connection will help.
- You also want to take some time and think about your visual display. Consider choosing a camera angle. Moving around during your stream can create a difficult viewing experience, so choose a location for your phone and stick to it.
TikTok is a great platform to connect with your audience and grow your fan base. The best tactics mentioned above can help you achieve both. If you’re serious about your TikTok LIVE, it can be a great way to engage with people and encourage them to watch your videos.
To learn more about the possibilities of TikTok advertising, visit our TikTok Ads service page and book a FREE consultation!
About the author
Marko Dabović is a TikTok Ads Specialist at Sellers Alley. Since joining the company, he has shown great interest in Amazon PPC and TikTok Ads. Marko is fully dedicated and focused on reaching clients’ goals and business growth.